Downtown Sparks will be celebrating all things pumpkin the weekend of October 19-20, when the Northern Nevada Center for Independent Living kicks off PumpkinPalooza 2013.
Over the course of this weekend, families will be able to:
- Build and race a pumpkin in the Pumpkin Derby
- Participate in the children’s costume parade
- Enjoy storytelling in the Haunted School House
- Visit with fortune-tellers on the Ghost Train
- Play carnival style games from Circus Circus
- Compete in pie-eating, pumpkin seed spitting, and mummy wrapping contests
- Enter their pumpkins in the beauty contest
- Enjoy live music
- Finish their day with the official Lighting of the Pumpkins!
Last year, more than 1,500 people attended the inaugural event and this year appears poised to grow exponentially. And it’s all benefiting the Northern Nevada Center for Independent Living.
Click here for photos from last year’s event!