SUNDAY: 10AM – 3PM
The only Pumpkin Derby in the state of Nevada is getting bigger and faster in 2022! Get a team together and get building for your chance at the Grand Championship. Everyone is welcome to enter. Need help building your Pumpkin Derby Racer? We have a full Pumpkin Garage with Master Pumpkin Mechanics from The Generator at the event ready to help. You can even buy a kit (including the pumpkin) at the Pumpkin Garage. You get to keep your Pumpkin Derby Racer, wheels, axles, pumpkin and all!
- Pumpkin Derby Racers must be crafted using a single, whole pumpkin. Pumpkins can be hollowed out, but they must retain their pumpkin shape.
- Pumpkin Derby Racers must be created by inserting two independent axles through the pumpkin with wheels attached to the axles.
- Prefabricated chassis of any kind, i.e. skateboards, strollers, Tonka trucks, etc. are prohibited.
- The total weight of a Pumpkin Derby Racer (pumpkin, decorations, wheels, etc.) cannot exceed 25 pounds. Your pumpkin racer will be weighed before it’s allowed to race.
- Your pumpkin cannot exceed a width of 20 inches.
- NO EXPLOSIVES or PYROTECHNICS are allowed.
- Cheating is not tolerated
October 22-23, 2022
Experience the magic of Halloween with games, prizes, contests, costumes, and more at the largest fall festival in Nevada! PumpkinPalooza is two full days of good old-fashioned family fun in Victorian Square. The events is free to attend and features the PumpkinPalooza Midway, a jack-o-lantern wall, the Pumpkin Design Studio, carving classes, the Purple Pumpkin Pursuit, costume photo ops for people and pets, Nevada's only Pumpkin Derby, vendor trick or treating, food trucks, kid-friendly live entertainment, and so much more! Come celebrate spooky season this October 22-23 at PumpkinPalooza!